I'm having audio or video issues with a Workplace video call.
Change platform:Computer Help
If you're having a problem with your camera:
- Close any open applications that use a camera or microphone, such as other video calling or chat programs.
- If you're making a call from the browser, make sure Workplace has permission to use your camera and microphone. You can change this in your browser settings.
- Try restarting your browser or computer.
- If you're using an external camera, make sure your camera is compatible with your computer.
- Download the most recent drivers for your camera from the manufacturer's website.
If you're having a problem with your video call's sound:
- If you have an external microphone or speakers, make sure they're connected correctly to your computer.
- Check that your microphone isn't on mute. Some microphones have buttons to mute or unmute. If you're using a headset, it may have a mute switch on the side of the headset or on the cable that connects to your computer.
- Close any open applications that use a camera or microphone. For example, other video calling or chat programs.
- Make sure the other participants have their microphone set up correctly.
Learn more about audio, video and Rooms on Workplace.