Manage Workplace users with a cloud identity provider
Using a cloud identity provider is a straightforward way to enable automated account management in Workplace. Our identity and access management partners provide the following benefits:
- Keep user data centralized. Connect your primary identity store (ex. Microsoft Active Directory or Oracle Directory Server) with a cloud directory to synchronize user accounts across applications, including Workplace. An agent or plugin from the cloud identity provider synchronizes changes from your primary identity store into a cloud replica.
- Unified system of record. Maintain your primary identity store as people join and leave your organization.
- Sync account changes to Workplace. User account information and status changes are synchronized between your cloud identity provider and Workplace, eliminating the need for manual user administration when people join and leave your organization.
To start, follow the steps outlined here as a system administrator to create a custom integration app to provision user accounts. These steps will provide you with the following values needed to complete configuration:
- Access Token: The access token that allows an application to manage accounts.
- SCIM URL: The API endpoint that a cloud application will use to manage accounts.
- Community ID: The ID of your organization, which allows a cloud application to differentiate between Workplace instances.
Next, follow the directions hosted by your cloud identity provider.
Keep in mind that Workplace integrates natively with the following partners: